Teenage angst. That what we call Shio's little fits. However, he's been acting up and out more so now than usual. We chalk it up to the move but only time will tell.
Most of his acts of defiance fall into these categories:
- Barking in circles at people outside and inside the dog run
- Possessiveness over holes dug in the dog run
- Going into barking fits when he hears other dogs anxiously barking
- Fights arisen by he and another dog each asserting themselves as top dog
- Issues with people walking in and out of our new home (as he always had while in our old home)
For the most part, we've been able to pin point the sources of his frustration and catch the warning signs before his anxiety gets the best of him. He has adjusted well to the new home itself but he's still a skeptic when it comes to everything outside.
We'll need to take baby steps.
In the meantime, if anyone has helpful advice for assisting dogs in adjusting to new homes we're all ears!